Postdoctoral research fellow in urban climate action

Job Title: Postdoctoral research fellow in urban climate action
Organization: University of British Columbia
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Duration: one-year appointment, renewable
Deadline: Assessors will start looking at applications June 1
Description: Cities around the world are setting very ambitious climate targets that will require transformational changes in how we live, work, commute, and build. It will take the best efforts of all sectors of society, including the academic sector, to develop and implement the detailed plans, policies and partnerships needed to achieve such goals. This postdoctoral position will be focused on the implementation issues associated with achieving existing municipal climate goals in the Metro Vancouver region. The PDF will work collaboratively with partners on identifying opportunities to catalyze transformational city-scale solutions strategies, policy approaches and technologies. The UBC-Vancouver “Campus as a Living Lab” initiative will inform these activities.

We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow who brings interdisciplinary expertise in urban sustainability, climate change policy and action, and policy analysis, as well as demonstrated experience in multi-stakeholder community engagement processes. The candidate will have significant responsibility for developing and implementing transdisciplinary partnerships among academic and non-academic partners. They will have the opportunity to be a lead contributor to peer reviewed publications, reports, conference proceedings, and participate in meetings with academic, civil society, private sector and government partners.

The Fellow will also participate in collaborative, multi-disciplinary projects with other members of the University Climate Change Coalition’s (UC3) Fellowship program. These coalition projects could include sharing best practices across universities and communities, coordination of workshops or events to present project outcomes, development of large-scale proposals, visits to other campuses and communities, or development of publications and guidebooks, etc. The Fellow will spend approximately 80% of their time working on the UBC project described below, while the remaining 20% of their time will be spent on collaborative, multi-disciplinary projects relevant to the entire network (e.g., building a community of practice as described below).
More information link: Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Urban Climate Action - Academic Position - Research - Teaching - UBC - Vancouver - Canada